Saturday, May 21, 2011

The beginning

So I've been asked by a couple of my friends to post how it's is going, so here it is my official Best Of Charleston 2011 adventure blog.

First a couple of things to know about me if you do not know me:

1) I was traveling and moving a lot for my job, but became homesick and moved back to Charleston about 5 years ago.  Best decision in my life.  Then in March, I was reading the Bill Murray Best of issue and could not believe how many places on the list I have never been to.  So I decided that I would try to do everything on the list.
 

2) I, like everyone else, have my own unique style, so the rules can be firm at times, but then not so much on others (how am I going to give birth this year???).  Most people do not understand exactly how certain things count.  The best way to describe it is it's a journey and it should be what you want to get out of it.  For me it was to experience new things and reaffirm what makes Charleston so special.
 

3)  I will try to keep it updated and provide links.  Also, if you read something and enjoy it, defiantly try it.  People travel from all over the world to come here and we are blessed to live here.  Take advantage of it.
 

4) I have implemented a previous winner tag team.  Some of the doctors, etc that I signed up with because they are previous winners did not make the list.  If I did not like them I would go somewhere else, but if they have won since the 10 year anniversary issue they count for me.  There is a difference in trying a new restaurant that trying to switch dental plans.
 

So with that, over the next several weeks to get this blog started I'm going to sprinkle in what I have done in the past two month with what I am currently doing.  The issue came out on March 9th, so the clock has been ticking.

No comments:

Post a Comment